It’s great idea when you would like to update your Facebook Fan Page wall stream with your latest contents or blog posts automatically to drive traffics to your site from the huge visitors on Facebook.
Facebook Notes Application is the best solution for you in this case. It allows you to import your RSS feed as new notes. It means after you created a high quality content, your RSS feed will have a new item then Facebook will update your notes with the new contents automatically and your fans can update & start commenting. They of course can go to your website to view the original content. No copying and pasting any more.
All popular CMS such as: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or Google blog always support RSS, so you don’t need to worry how to create RSS for you site, just log on to your Facebook fan page and import your RSS feed then Facebook will do the rest for you.
If you haven’t added the Facebook Notes Application to your fan page yet, you should read this post to know how to add it to your page.
Follow steps below to get it works for you.
1. Log on to your Fan page.
2. Click on Edit Page on the top right of the page
3. Click on the link Apps then click on Go to App in Notes Application in the Added Apps panel:
4. It will redirects to the Notes Application for your Fan page. Click on Edit import settings at the bottom left side. Note that the header should say something like: Notes > your page name’s Notes to make sure you’re on right place.
5. On the Import a Blog page, enter your Feed URL, select the check box and click Start Importing
Please note that the back button on the top should say something like: Back to your-page’s Notes to make sure you’re import Feed for a fan page not for your wall stream.
6. Facebook will try to read your provided RSS feed and then ask you to confirm the import process. Just click Confirm button:
That’s all. All your latest contents/blog posts from now on will be updated automatically on your Fan page wall stream.