We need to download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac that allow us be able to connect from a MacBook to a Windows based computer which you must have network access and permissions to connect to. And the computer have to run Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services.
In this tutorial, I’m using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.1.1 which is free and available to download at Microsoft Download Center Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.1.1 that is intended for Max OS version 10.5.8 or a later version of Mac OS. Before installing, you may need to verify your Mac OS version or check all available downloads to make sure your Mac computer/laptop meets minimum requirements.
Install And Run Mac Remote Desktop To Windows Computer
After downloaded the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.1.1 file, RDC_2.1.1_ALL.dmg, follow steps below:
1. Double click to the RDC_2.1.1_ALL.dmg file:
2. The Install Microsoft RDC for Mac will be opened
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation process.
4. To run the Remote Desktop Connection, go to Finder => Applications => double click on the Remote Desktop Connection icon.
5. Enter computer name, IP or host address of the computer you want to remote desktop to, then click Connect button.