This article describes step by step How to Jailbreak iPhone 4s or iPad 2 on iOS 5.0/5.0.1 On Windows by using Absinthe (Absinthe is a one-click jailbreak).
To make it simple, I will use all screen grabs in iPhone 4s. They’re very similar to iPad 2, I believe. Also, I use Absinthe & iTunes on Windows but this should be okay if you’re on Mac.
Steps To Jailbreak iPhone 4s On Windows
- 1. Plug your iPhone 4s/iPad 2 to your computer and backup it before jailbreaking. We don’t expect this occurs but just in case.
- 2. Download Absinthe – Jailbreak Tool via:
- 3. Unzip the absinthe zip file, open unzipped folder, run file absinthe.exe and click Jailbreak button
You should see that the tool has detected my device is iPhone 4S with iOS (5.0.1). If you’re not sure about current version of your iPhone/iPad, you may check it first.
This process may take 5-10 minutes so please be patient.
Note: if you encounter an error message:
ERROR: Device has a passcode set! If a passcode is set, the jailbreak procedure will most likely fail. Unplug device, go to Settings and DISABLE THE PASSCODE, the plug it back in.
You need to DISABLE THE PASSCODE in your iPhone 4s in order to solve the issue.
- 4. When you see a screen with message:
Almost done – just unclock the screen if necessary, then tap the “Jailbreak” icon to finish. (It might be on a different homescreen, so don’t give up looking!)
… unclock your iPhone screen and tap on Absinthe icon on your device
- 5. Turn on Wifi in order to get Cydia
- 6. Launch Cydia to configure and prepare file system.