In Microsoft Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.0 and IIS 7.5, ASP is not be installed although .Net Framework is installed. Therefore, you need to install ASP manually if you want to run ASP Application on your Windows 2008 Web Server.
This article describes step by step How to install ASP on Microsoft Windows Server 2008. This process is simple and have a bit different if you want to install ASP on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Install ASP On Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- 1. Start => Control Panel
- 2. Click on Programs and Features in All Control Panel Items windows
- 3. Click Turn Windows features on or off on the left panel
- 4. In the Server Manager windows, expand Roles, click on Web Server (IIS), roll down on the right panel and click Add Role Services
Note: you can see that ASP service has been installed on my dedicated server. On your server, it should says Not installed.
- 5. Select ASP in the Add Role Services wizard then click Next.
- 6. Follow instructions to finish up installing ASP on your Windows Server 2008