Firefox has just released version 5 but after install it, one of my favorite toolbar (Google Toolbar) doesn’t work because it’s not compatible with firefox 5.0. I think there are some add-ons may not compatible with the version too at the moment.
While waiting for Firefox release a patch or a new version (version 6 I think) or add ons developers make action, we may need to downgrade to the previous version in order to continue our daily works.
Steps to downgrade Firefox from version 5 to version 4.01
Lucky for us, Firefox still keep their old release versions for a while. Follow steps below:
- 1. Go to Firefox Releases on Mozilla Web FTP
- 2. Choose a version that best for you. At this time, I suggest you should choose Folder 4.0.1 or 3.6.18 to get the latest update.
- 3. Choose your current Operating System. If you’re on a Windows version, let open win32 folder
- 4. Choose a Language Pack, you’re speaking English? lets open en-US folder
- 5. Click on the Firefox Setup 4.0.1.exe link to download & install it.
As you see, there a fully Firefox versions as well as its Language Packs for different OS version from very old version to latest version. Hope you can fix your problem.
Bonus: there is another link in order to find older Firefox version, let check it out.