In order to create a strong password that is hard to guess or be cracked/hacked, there are some rules and recommendations you should always follow.
With strong and complex password, your account might be safe from any scan/hack attacks because this process will take a significant of time to try a huge range of random passwords.
These rules and recommendations are always recommended by almost email systems, e-commercial sites, bank accounts and with any personal account in any system.
Password Rules And Recommendations
- 1. Be at least 8 characters in length.
- 2. Contain at least 1 digit (number).
- 3. Contain a combination of upper and lower case letters.
- 4. Contain a combination of characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and special characters (!@#$%^&*?).
- 5. Should not contain first name, last name, nickname, wife’s name.
- 6. Should not an easy to guess such as national id, birthday, phone number, etc.
- 7. Should not use any common password such as admin, 123456, password, apple, etc
- 8. Should not simply use a simple/common word and adding a single digit such as Google1, facebook2, etc.
- 9. Previously used password should not be used again.
- 10. Should be changed every 30/60 days.