Last weekend, I started using Amazon CloudFront for my static contents delivery and created 3 sub domains to map to the distributions and also improve browser performance (all static contents are loaded via 3 domains randomly).
You can try with Firebug to see How my static contents are loading:
Beside using CDN for my personal websites, I also apply this for some websites and online campaigns at work because my clients keep complaining about the loading speed of Flash game and photos loaded in gallery.
Below are some CDN services that you can consider to start with:
- 1. Amazon CloudFront – http://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/
- 2. MaxCDN – http://www.maxcdn.com/
- 3. Rackspace CDN – http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/cloud_hosting_products/files/
- 4. EdgeCast Networks – http://www.edgecast.com/
- 5. CloudFlare CDN – http://www.cloudflare.com/features-cdn
All of them are very popular and offer good services/prices, let choose a one that suit with your need with one note: hosting your static contents on CDN that does not mean your files are always be loaded locally, that means your contents are optimized to deliver with the best possible performance or with one word: FASTER.
If you have good experience with any great CDN service, please leave it in comment box below.