1. Employment History
- Describe your day-to-day tasks & repsonsibilties in your previous job. What kind of clients & projects did they work on?
- What were the working processes like? Did you work in a big team/small team? Who did you report to? Who did you manage?
- Why do you want to leave your current job / Why are you looking for a new job now?
- Describe your ideal job and why.
2. Personality & Career Objectives
- 1. What are your current career objectives (where will you be in 5-10 year from now)?
- 2. What steps will you take to achieve them?
Eagerness / Creativity:
- What do you know about our company? Why do you want to work with us?
- Which website has impressed you most recently? Why?
- How many programming languages can you write? What are they? Some comparations? Which one do you prefer and why?
- How many kinds of database can you use? What are they? Have you ever set up database or synchronize 2 databases? How to backup and restore db? Can we use command lines to do it?
- How many webserevers do you know? What are they?
- What is CMS/back-end/admin portal? How does it work? Have you ever built any cms? What are they?
- Did you used to build website having embed Flash? Have you seen a DHTML menu behind the Flash? How to fix?
- Can Flash display dynamic data? What standard data does Flash read? Action scripts?
- Do you see any differences among browsers (IE, FF, Safari)? What HTML tags cause the issue? How to fix?
- Can you use Linux? Command lines?
- What is life circle of a bug? What tool do people use to manage bugs? Have you ever working with PhpBugTracker or Mantis?
- How to manage source codes when work in team? Do you know about Source Safe or Subversion (SVN)? How to use?
- What do hackers usually do to attract a website?
- What is SQL injection how to prevent it in codes?
Work Ethics / Dealing with People
- How would you respond to a bad brief?
- Do you find any difficulty when working with team or another department such as designer or QC team?
- What prevents you from doing a good job? Why?
- What do you do if you are faced with a bug you cannot fix?
- 1. What do you love most about what you do?
- 2. What do you find the most challenging?
- 3. How do you respond when you receive negative feedback from a client or colleague about you or your work? How would you deal with such feedback?
- 4. Are you a “Live to Work” or “Work to Live” Person? Why?
- What makes you a strong candidate for this position?
- What are your weak points?
- Is there anything about this position that makes you nervous / that you feel challenged by?
- Do you have any soft skills? What sports can you play?
- Do you have any final questions for us?