Are you facing with an error message: “The proxy server is refusing connections” in Firefox or “Unable to connect to the proxy server” in Google Chrome? This article will show how to Fix Can Not Connect To Proxy Server In Firefox, Google Chrome And Internet Explorer
It appears that your browser (Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) is configured to use a particular proxy server or SOCKS Host to access the internet or your network. And the proxy server currently is not working so browser will refuse connections. It means you can not go anywhere.
The proxy server is refusing connections in Firefox
Unable to connect to the proxy server in Google Chrome
In order to solve the issue, you need contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working or check your proxy settings to make sure they are correct.
In my case, it occurs because I didn’t reset my proxy settings after did some test with my websites via SOCKS Host. Few simple steps below will show you How do I adjust the proxy settings.
1. Fix Proxy Server issue in Firefox
- 1. Open Firefox, go to Tools => Advanced => Network => Settings…
- 2. In the Connection Settings box, select No proxy
- 3. Click OK & OK button
2. Fix Proxy Server issue in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
As you already know, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome have the same proxy configuration thus we just update the proxy settings in IE then Google Chrome will follow.
- 1. Open Internet Options: go to Tools => Internet options in IE or from Start menu => Control Panel => Internet Options
- 2. Go to Connections tab then click on LAN settings button
- 3. In the Local Area Network (LAN) setting box, deselect ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ in Proxy Server panel then click OK button