Google Analytics has published a new version and Real-Time is a new and great feature in there which you can access by clicking Home on the top menu then click on Real-Time on the left menu.
With Real-Time, you can immediately and continuously monitor:
- How many active visitors on site right now.
- Break down where are your active visitors come from.
- Break down the traffic sources that referred your visitors.
- Which pages they’re viewing.
There are 4 reports that you can get inspiration:
1. Real-Time Overview Report
Overview Report shows the current active visitors on your site, percentage New vs Return visitors. It also shows the Top Referrals and Keywords that drive traffic to your site, where are your visitors come from and top pages they’re viewing.
2. Real-Time Location Report
Location Report shows more specified where are your visitors come from, beak down with percentage and Google map.
3. Real-Time Traffic Sources Report
Traffic Sources Report shows the traffic sources that referred them (a specified site or campaign) and percentage of Organic, Referral and Direct.
4. Real-Time Content Report
Content Report shows which pages are being viewed.
Note: you need to log in as an administrator of the account in order to see Real-Time data properly and this article used Screenshot Capture Tool On Google Chrome to capture illustration images above.